All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama

I am totally stoked that Obama will be our next president. Not only did he win but he won by a landslide. I was not a big fan of Obama but I am a lesser fan of any Republican and of John McCain. This means hope and change for our country, something we really needed. It is also very exciting that the U.S. has finally elected someone besides a white man. This is B-I-G.

Ellie had already been rooting for Obama even before I suggested that I was. I explained to her how big this is and how exciting this is that he was elected but at 5 1/2 she doesn't really understand. But I am happy that just maybe my kids will grow up in a better America.

Obama's speech last night:



Our elections barely closed last night and John McCain was giving his concession speech. In so many ways this is wrong, it makes the west coast feel like their vote does not matter. But the state I live in consistently gives their electoral votes to Democrats.

McCain's speech last night was actually very nice. He did a terrific job and he said some powerful things. I think his concession speech was the thing he did the best during his whole campaign.

No comments: