All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Elyza Braging Time

I have to have a little Elyza brag.

She was 18 months 2 days ago.

Although her words are very limited she knows most of her body parts, Head, Hair, Mouth, Teeth, Nose, Eyes, Ears, Fingers, Toes, Feet, Butt.

The other night I said light and she looked up at the ceiling light. I was surprised, although I should not have been, that she knew what light meant. So I asked her "Elyza, show Mama the light." I was even MORE surprised when she got down off the bed, walked over to where the light switch was and tried to reach it.

She doesn't talk very much and I think this is why I am always surprised when she shows us without words that her little noggin is working. She has 5 words that she uses regularly. Mama, Dad, Hi, Ba (ball) & Dat (that)

She also says "na" and touches her breast or mine for nurse, and she says "Ta" for Thank you (and signs it as well)

She signs: more, eat, drink, nurse, thank you, and shakes her head yes and no. We are working on the signs for please and help.






She closes her eyes for her picture smile :) Shes so dang cute!

No comments: