All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Friday, October 03, 2008

Meet Kiwi


We adopted him from someone in our hs group who had taken him when his original family moved and their cat kept trying to kill him and had already killed his mate. He didn't even have a name, his name is now Kiwi.

Ellie kept telling him on the way home... "I know we are going to be really good friends"

We can't really handle him but maybe when he gets used to seeing us more he will let us, he wasn't handled much and they had him rigged up in a spare room to keep him away from the cat so he's not used to much interaction right now.
He loved his spray bottle bath today.

And I think he likes me...I think he likes me I opened his cage door and he came out on the side of his cage. I slowly went over to him and I was talking to him and I could tell he wanted to jump to me, so I stepped a bit closer and he jumped and stood on my boobs and just looked at me all curiously and was happy there. It was sweet.
His very large condo, lol



He was attacked by a cat and now they said he keeps picking at his feathers in that one place so that's why he has the gray downy feathers showing.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Kiwi needs a mate. If he does not have one by the time I get there for Christmas then Maybe you will let me get him one. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!!! Sometimes they will pull out their feathers if they are stressed. Our little parrotlette pulled all her feathers out except for her head when I moved her into the kitchen. It was much to active in there. She did much better in the bedroom, althought I always felt like she was lonely. Better a little lonely than stressed out.

Hugs, Marcia

Anonymous said...

I thought Ellie told me last night on the phone that his new name was Huey!!!
Pretty Bird!

Grandma Susie :)