All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Friday, November 18, 2005

Battle Wounds

So yesterday was a wonderful occassion. 13 days after my hernia surgery I had yet another follow up visit, where the surgeon removed the staples and then pulled my incision apart.

How was that you ask? Oh...so enjoyable. of-course!! NO, it hurt like hell. Why leave the staples in and then tear it all back open... well there was an explanation, whether or not I liked it.

Apparently she was concerned because it was still draining alot of fluid. She wanted it to be open and heal from the inside out, she said this will help it avoid infection and also let it properly drain. She said showering is good, not sure how I am going to feel about water going inside this open gaping hole, that's why I have yet to shower today.

So want to see pictures? Sure, I'm not shy. I'm linking them for those who don't want to look.
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

My belly has had enough already. I am convinced that the tape gunk all over it will always be there, and the tape itself is irritating my skin beyond belief. I have sensitive skin anyway, never mind add and removing tape in the same areas for 2 weeks now.

Doug and I get to change the gauze every few hours, how fun is that. It hurts so bad when it's pulled out, it sticks to the tissue inside, then it kinda suction cups when it is pulled out. The gauze is bloody and yellow from the fluid. The hold looks so scary when open. Then pushing clean gauze back in is the highlight. I think Doug is going to faint when he does it, poor guy. I have changed it myself as well, it was a bit odd sticking a finger inside of your belly when there is not supposed to be a hole there. When it's pulled out and put in it shoots 'feeling' all the way to my toes, not pain, just a weird feeling.

Ellie tells me "I don't like your belly." Yeah, thanks sweetie, I don't either. Even before the surgery (hehe). But she has been taking care of me, my little peaches.

No comments: