All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Saturday, November 19, 2005

Desolation

For the past week I have been working at home while healing from surgery. I missed a call that came in around 11:00am from the Director of my department. I didn't get his voicemail until 1:00pm because I was in the office and my phone was upstairs. Anyway, I called him right back and apologized profusely that I missed his call.

He was calling to tell me that he had resigned. What?!?! Resigned? No, this can not be happening to us. This man is a wonderful leader, one whom we all not only learned to trust but in a sense we have loved him (I am speaking for everyone.) Several weeks ago the man who founded the company passed away, and although sad, we knew it would happen as he was in his 80's. But now this is far worse. I don't think he understands how horrible this is for us. Not only do we not have a leader, but it feels like we have lost a good friend as well. I am in shock.

He has lead us through huge battles, he's been there for the good and the bad times. He has been there for us on a professional and personal level. He's compassionate, fearless, wise... I could go on with the adjectives but I think you get my point.

This is the same man I personally hated (I'm not the only one) when he first came around, of-course you always hate the new guy right? I just hope the 'new guy' whoever that may be, can be 50% of the leader he was.

Life marches on.

No comments: