All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's summer-time

We have a very small yard that needs a lot of work and only have a metal swing set and not alot of playmates. Ellie loves loves loves playing outside and loves playing with other kids. Doug and I were talking and I told him that I often don't take her to the park because she always wants to stay for hours and I feel bad not staying for hours and frankly it's B-O-R-I-N-G for me when I take her alone. I admitted that I should just take her a couple times a week for at least 30 minutes and at least she'd be going more.

So Doug and I made a deal with Ellie last Sunday that we would try to take her to the park at least 4 times a week (at least twice each) and playgroup days count for me, lol, as long as she would not get upset or argue when it was time to leave.

So far it is Wednesday and she has been to the park three times now, Sunday we took her together, Monday I took her for about an hour by myself and today Doug took her for about an hour and a half - 2 hours by himself - and to a water playground even!

What a nice compromise for a 5-year old eh? And now that Elyza can at least swing and crawl on the grass it's not so bad for her either. She loves the swings and loves to crawl on the grass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Angie! I wish we could still hang out and go to each other's houses and to the parks! Alex and Maya would be such better playmates now too! Alex was asking about when he lived in Washington and I told him he had a friend named Ellie who helped teach him to like other kids. He said he remembers her (but he says "yeah" every time I ask him if he knows/remembers something). We miss you guys!