All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Friday, June 27, 2008

Dot

Doug's grandma passed away today. She has been very sick for a very long time. We knew the time was close. She had been in and out of the hospital.

Here are some poems I like and want to post for her.


Seventy-six times have these eyes beheld the changing scene of autumn.
I have said enough about moonlight,
Ask no more.
Only listen to the voice of pines and cedars when no wind stirs.
~Unknown


All Return Again
It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die,
but only retire a little from sight and afterwards return again.
Nothing is dead; men feign themselves dead,
and endure mock funerals and mournful obituaries,
and there they stand looking out of the window, sound and well, in some new strange disguise. Jesus is not dead; he is very well alive; nor John, nor Paul, nor Mahomet, nor Aristotle;
at times we believe we have seen them all,
and could easily tell the names under which they go.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Peace my heart...Peace, my heart, let the time for the parting be sweet.
Let it not be a death but completeness.
Let love melt into memory and pain into songs.
Let the flight through the sky end in the folding of the wings over the nest.
Let the last touch of your hands be gentle like the flower of the night.
Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a moment, and say your last words in silence.
I bow to you and hold up my lamp to light you on your way.
~Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: