All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ellie's first lost tooth!

Ellie's tooth started wiggling in mid December. At first I told her not to wiggle it because she was at Nana's and I didn't want her to loose it there! She wiggled it anyway but soon lost interest. I encouraged her to bite down to loosen it and to wiggle it but she didn't want to.
One day the neighbor girl comes over and says that she has her first loose tooth and that is blood behind her tooth. Ellie, I think not wanting to be beat by MacKenna asked me the next day if there was blood behind her tooth too. I looked in her mouth and there was not blood but there was another tooth! So I told her that her tooth really needed to come out.
So we worked on getting it out. In the photos her eyes are red and that's because she was bawling. She was saying "These are tears of joy!" and "I am so happy!" She is so dramatic.
After it came out she called EVERYONE and told them about it. She doesn't even like talking on the phone!
Minutes before it came out
Once it was out, you can see the adult tooth already coming up behind the hole

New smile

Admiring herself in the mirror

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! Congrats to Ellie! When Ashlyn lost her first tooth, we didn't even know it was loose and then when it came out at school, she didn't even tell us about it... we just noticed it a couple hours after she got home and realized her mouth looked funny. We looked and sure enough, she'd lost a tooth! So we looked in her backpack and found it in a little purple treasure-box and a note that told us she lost it during lunch. They said she cried and begged them to put it back in. :( Poor baby! But then after the nurse gave her the box to put it in and she calmed down, everything was fine. *sigh* Then after we made a big deal about it and everything, she told us "the toof fairy is going to bring me a book!" :p That's my girl, haha!

Denise

Anonymous said...

She is so darn cute.
-Jenn C

Anonymous said...

She is looking so grown up. Congratulations on that tooth!
-Branndi G