All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Monday, January 16, 2006

B-O-W-L-I-N-G

In November Ellie spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa (Grandpa Doug & Grandma Angie) and went bowling with "Char-ley." Since then she's become pretty obsessive with "Char-ley", bowling, and getting a new baby in my belly.

Doing a little detective work and keeping her talking I have discovered that "Char-ley" the one she went bowling with, who is really HARLEY, her Aunt Harley, who is 10, Doug's (Daddy's) little sister, is also "Char-ley", her sister's brother.

....Aww, ding, ding, ding, I see the light! Her sister does have a brother names Charlie, he's 3. And when her sister, Cassie comes to visit Ellie hears about Charlie. Well Harley and Charlie are nearly the same name, especially to a 2 year old, right? Just a C in front of Harley and you get Charley. Well Ellie loves Harley so much she was determined to get a cool brother (or sister) just like "Charley". Get where I am going? In Ellie's head she sees Harley when Cassie talks about her brother Charlie.

Whew, anyway, now that I have totally jumbled that up, we went bowling on Saturday (two days ago) and took the kids. Aww, bowling. I haven't been bowling since I was 20 years old! It was fun, the kids had fun. We went to this tiny 6 lane local bowling alley. We spent $18 for an hour of bowling for the 4 of us including shoe rentals, that didn't seem too bad, I think we will do it again. Cassie is requesting a bowling birthday party (her birthday is coming up!) so I think that is what we will do. Ellie wants to go ice skating, that's what she says so far but we have a couple weeks to work on it, but her birthday is coming up soon too.

No comments: