All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chugging right along

This week is a good week on the homeschooling trail. Sometimes I feel lost, I like the "unschooling" approach, but sometimes I get scared and feel like we need some more structure. This week so far has made me feel good about what we do.

Yesterday Doug took Ellie (and Elyza) to a storybook theater play Cinderella, then they went to the park and played for an hour or so. After I picked up the kids from Doug, and on our way home Ellie told me: "Mama, this is a great day to find picturess in the clouds!" This was her idea so we found pictures in clouds, we found a boat, a heart, cat ears, a marshmallow, a duck and a bird. We then stopped at the grocery store where Ellie had her own little coin purse and she bought two items and paid for them herself. We stopped and picked up my dad and Rosie. When we got home Ellie played on the computer a little bit. Then we ate artichokes and she kept saying how healthy they were for you, she loves them! Then we played Hi-Ho-Cherry-O with her and then my dad helped her build her land sail wooden toy from the workshop at Lowes, we skipped it on Saturday, but Doug picked one up while he was there. Right before we left to bring my dad back to his truck Ellie said "I want to draw a map for us to get there." So she sat down and drew a map for us... then she read it all the way there. Then we talked about her making a map of the inside of our house and she loved the idea, so she will work on that soon. When we got home she played with Rosie and then cuddled with her.

Today Doug is taking Ellie to a class at the Padilla Bay Estuary.
High Tide-Low Tide for Mini Explorers
Minis are the 3 to 5 year old learners. – When the tide goes out, plants and animals have lots of tricks for staying wet.


That should be nice and fun and educational!

I am not sure what the rest of the week holds for us but today I feel good about what we are doing.

No comments: