All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling Accomplished

but now the house is a MESS.

We started three projects today. One was finishing the playroom, or the room that will be the playroom. Doug actually had been working on it, tearing out the carpet (the only room that needed laminate still.) Today we painted the ceiling, it was nasty, apparently the people who lived under the stairs (our old roommate) threw food or something on it, because it was gross. So that is painted, then we will prime and paint the walls tomorrow. They are painted really dark/bright colors right now, we are going to do a theme in there, but that's a secret for now. On the way to getting done, but not completed.

The first completed project
A few months ago I had an idea, to build a shelf in the kitchen window, but we are really not that handy with tools -- we are learning, especially since we laid laminate in our entire house last summer. Anyway, I wanted a shelf in the window so I could have more plants (love my plants) and take down the nasty mini blinds. Then one day we decided to get rid of some box springs that were in the garage (we bought platform bed) they were torn up and not really donatable so we started to disassemble then, not an easy task. I saw that some of the wood could be reused and was the perfect size to build the shelf I wanted to build in the kitchen.So today Doug built me my shelf out of the wood from the box springs -- $0 The board taken apart from the box spring



The window before the shelf



The window after the shelf. We will probably paint the shelf or at least stain it, but for now it works and I LOVE IT. Thank You Doug!




The second completed project for today My clothes line -- $10

It’s nothing fancy, but I can dry the diapers on it and some clothes and save some energy while I am at it! We put it on the deck, because in order to get to the backyard we have to go out on the deck and down a flight of stairs. It was in the yard we would not use it as much, so it's on the deck.



1 comment:

Soulful Hues said...

Well, paint my face green and call me kermit! I love the shelf!!! I'm so proud of you for reusing good wood. Kudos to you, and I wish you many happy repurposing projects in the future!