All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Saturday, April 26, 2008

A quick glimpse into the mind of Ellie


I think Ellie's brain, like mine, works overtime. Sometimes she can't sleep, she's being restless and she says that her brain won't stop going. Here are some of the the things she thinks about.

Last September we were visiting my mom. I was in the bedroom nursing Elyza and Ellie was in the living room with my Nana (my mom.) My mom told Ellie to go put on her pajamas. Ellie said "I can't" When Nana asked why Ellie said: "All of my pajamas are going around in my brain like this." And she made a fast circular motion abovc her head with her hand. "And it hasn't stopped yet so I don't know what pajamas I want to wear." WOW... this was coming from a 4 1/2 year old. It was amazing she was able to communicate how her brain was working. And if you stop to think about it, this is how your brain works. You decide that you want to put on pajamas, so you think about what pair you may want to wear, your brain quickly scans your pajama inventory without you actually looking at them. And Ellie was able to put that into words.

Almost a year ago Ellie decided that when she grew up she wanted to be a firegirl. After visiting some firemen and going onto the firetruck, she decided that was the job for her. Last night we were talking about it and she still wants to be a firegirl, but she is a little worried about it. The part she is worried about is having to spend the night at the firehouse instead of at home with me. She's not worried about having to fight fires, about getting hurt, she wants to help save people and animals she said... but she is afraid of spending the night away from me.

Another night Ellie and I were talking and I told her that I hoped that when her and Elyza were older that they would be really good friends and be close to eachother. She told me "We will be close Mama, I will sleep in my bunkbed and Elyza will sleep right there with you." (Her bunkbed is in my bedroom next to my bed.) Mind you she doesn't sleep in her bunkbed, but in my bed, but it is comforting to know that when she grows up she won't be sleeping with me anymore, but in her bunkbed.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

i love your ellie stories... she's a really sweet girlie. <3