All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Friday, May 09, 2008

Determination


Ellie has always been a very determined child with an I can and I will attitude. When she was three she decided she wanted to learn to blow bubbles with gum. . .she practiced until she learned, which didn't take long.

She did the same thing with whistling. . .



She got heeley's for her birthday and she practiced until she got it perfect.




Well today she decided she was going to learn something new... and she learned it in a matter of 10 minutes...







She had told me that the neighbor girl who is 5 months older than her could now ride a bike with only two wheels. I told her she could to, so when we came home, I took off the training wheels and she was riding like pro in about 10 minutes! She thought she wanted to at the end of the summer last year but when we took the training wheels off she would barely try. This time once she learned that M could do it she was dertermined not to be out done.

She's ONLY 5!!

And don't you just love her outfits?

8 comments:

*Jess* said...

that is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Ellie!! Congratulations!! You go! Cute outfit, too :)

Elena & Ron

Unknown said...

OMGoodness!!! I can't believe she's old enough to ride a bike PERIOD!!! lol Where does the time GO?

YAY, E!!!!!!!! Nice job!! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Marcia "You are amazing, Ellie" It is awesome the way you pick up things so quickly. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is Ellie's grandpa Dan and nobody is more proud of Ellie than grandpa Dan. Not even her mother. Great job Ellie. You will have to show grandpa the next time he visits. I love you Ellie.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so cool! Ash is still working on learning to pedal and get her bike WITH training wheels to move more than a few inches,lol, but I'm in no hurry for her to go riding off without me anyway, haha. That's awesome that Ellie decided to try and yes, she does have determination... you do realize you are really going to have your hands full with her, don't you? Haha, what's next? Skydiving or something? Just kidding... I hope... :p Give Ellie congrats hugs for me!
~Denise

Unknown said...

Way to go Ellie, you are growing up so fast. What will be the next big girl task you decide to do. Love and hugs.....Debra

Anonymous said...

Wow she is determined! She did ALL that, and talk about not giving up lol. Good for her! Lets hope she doesn't aim her goals too high, driving by 12 and doing surgery at 8? LOL :oP What a cutie!

-Martica