All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Friday, May 30, 2008

Thought process of a 5-year old

Ellie frequently amazes me with her thought process.

Last night she got into trouble, after repeatedly asking her to be quiet (Elyza was trying to sleep and gets distracted very easily these days) I asked her to go to her room, she was MAAAAD at me.

She went into her room and shut the door and I could hear her in there ranting and raving to herself. This is a 5 year old we are talking about. I could hear her in there talking and talking and yelling etc. When she calmed down she came back into my room, Elyza was settled and we talked quietly.

I asked her who she was talking to, she said she was talking to herself. I asked her what she was saying. She did not want to tell me, but I told her it was good to talk about things. She told me she said (to herself) "I want Mama to go to work and stay at work forever and I want to be with just Daddy!!" And then she told me she said a bad word. I asked her what she said and she didn't want to tell me. Although we have a policy in our house that she is allowed to say bad words as long as she is not calling someone a name. She called me a name, a bad word she said, something she says she heard on Horton Hears a Who. I told her they don't say bad words on that movie, she says, yes they do, and tells me she said "My mama is a boob!" Which surprises me that boob was a bad word considering it is in our daily vocabulary, especially since I am nursing. Anyway, I think it was a bad word to her because she was calling me a name.

I am quite impressed that she went into her room and vented to herself. No one suggested this to her, but she did what she knew would help and when she came out she was calmed down.

No comments: