All the photos posted on my blog I have personally taken and are my private property, unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use photos for any purpose without approval.


Friday, May 16, 2008

My Hero

Yesterday Ellie told me that she has decided that she no longer wants to be a fire-fighter. She told me with a little apprehension, maybe because I never acted displeased with her choice she thought it was what I wanted.

I told her that this was fine and asked her what she wanted to do.

I think she had been contemplating this for ooohh.... about 5 days.

She said she wants to be a newspaper girl. I asked her if she wanted to deliver newspapers or write for the newspaper, I was hoping for the latter. She said: "I want to to deliver newspapers on my two-wheel bike." She is just so excited about being able to ride her bike without training wheels.

(read the Determination blog post if you haven't already)

She has a whole plan laid out. I will buy a two-wheel bike for myself to ride and she will teach me to ride it without training wheels, now isn't that so sweet? Then we will ride together and deliver newspapers. If the door is far away from the sidewalk she will get off of her bike and walk up to deliver the newspaper on the doorstep and if the door is close she will just throw the newspaper from her bike. When she throws the paper the people in the house will hear the bump and they will run out and get their newspaper. She said she would like to start this career when she's Cassie's age (10.)

She was surprised to hear that when I told her that when I was 10 I delivered newspapers. She wanted to know why I didn't tell her this before, such an important piece of information!

Now I am really her hero, little does she know or even understand, SHE IS MY HERO.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

She just cracks me up!! I think her and Jaina would get along well in real life :)

Anonymous said...

This is a really sweet story. I cannot believe how considerate she is towards other people. Amazing. Good plan, too :)

Elena & Ron